Reviews

Monday

July 27th 2015


Lou's Review

Pumpkin & Oat Dog Treats

A very easy no bake recipe we found on http://twolittlecavaliers.com which has the added advantage of only 3 ingredients.


What are they?

These are hand rolled balls made from tinned pumpkin puree, rolled oats and water.
(full recipe can be found by clicking the link above!)


What were they like?

Here's where I admit that neither my hooman or I had ever tried tinned pumpkin before, the tin we used was found lurking at the back of our pantry after an impulse buy a year or so ago (it was supposed to be made into a pumpkin pie!) But it turns out, despite some initial reservations by my hooman, that it is in fact OK. The treats were easy to make, messy but easy, if a little sticky!
Alas after trying three, I lost interest and refused them the next day so the bin ate them instead!

Would you buy make them again?

It looks as if the availability of tinned pumpkin has improved (if only online) and the recipe was great except I wasn't that keen so it's a no from us.

Price

About a £1 for the oats and the pumpkin was £1.99

Begging Rating

2/5

Full credit for the recipe goes to the author of Two Little Cavaliers  

2 comments:

  1. Koda raises paw..I'll eat anything...and I mean anything...drools. Rummages in Lou's trash bin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well...if you don't like them....um....can we have a taste?
    The Boyz

    ReplyDelete